Monday, December 17, 2007

Letting go

Letting go seems to be a pattern that I have weitnessed throughout the last few weeks. I have seen people loose family to cancer, loose children to car accidents and loose friends. I have experienced it myself.
The hardest story of them all most recently was the loss of my good friends dad. I didn't know him, but I know I prayed hard for him. Now the struggle is watching her let go. Her dad was a christian and is with the Father in heaven, but the process of letting go for those of us down here is hard.
Heart ache is such a real thing. It has a lasting effect that seems to fade but never fully go away. It is something that is experienced but doesnt ever seem to be understood. It cuts deep.
I'm not sure what I am going to be faced with to let go, but I know that something is definentally coming. God has given me lesson over lesson to watch and to listen to His heart about letting go. Which usually means that my turn is coming. So, Im preparing. praying that my heart will be softened. not that I am going to loose someone but for sure that I am going to be called to let go.

We shall wait and see! :)

1 comment:

thesix said...

Painful...Painful...Painful
I hate dealing with this pain.
I miss him so much more every day that passes.