Sunday, February 18, 2007

breathin easy

So, on Friday my kids had their first performance. It was for grandparents day, and I think i was more nervous than they are. Having the principal watching everything take place and having it be my first big hting, was nerve racking... I threatened grades for bad behavior, and handed out a lot of good behavior reports. After a rough dress rehersal I was scared. The kindergarteners didn't know where to stand how to get on stage or how to get off stage, and they were the first performance! but when they stood up there all looking at me for their motions I just prayed!
Please God let this go well...
and being that they were taught based on their places when to sit down, I was worried... cause NO ONE was in the right spot... but when I gave the first group the signal to sit down they looked around and figured it out all on there own that they were supposed to sit if they were in the first two rows, even if I had told them the day before who was to sit when... I was amazed!
These kids have it in them I thought to myself... and then God said to me, Jamie, I got this one all under control... relax...
and that is when I remembered who I seemed to have forgotten at the begining of the day... Thanks God...
For the things we think you are not interested in... Ironically one little girl came up to me after and said, Ms. Nielsen. My grandma and grandpa couldn't come today, so I was sad, but I remembered how you told us we perform first for Jesus and then for everyone else... and I got happy again, cause I knew someone was watching me perform today too...
That made my whol stressful week worth while!

No comments: