Monday, December 10, 2007

Family...

Holding on tightly to a dream that has not been
Desiring the impossible; taking it to the end
Fighting to grab the invisble
Making it my own
Efforts fail endlessly; no hope
The call of surrender rings louder
than any call Ive ever heard
He doesnt command obedience
My child He said Surrender
With hands clenched tightly
To that which cannot be owned
I looked at Him helplessly
my heart ached; alone
Recognizing failure
I fell down on my knees
He touched my heart
and comfort flooded over me
I looked in his eyes
He peired into my soul
Seeing my desire
Yet desiring to make me whole
You cannot create from nothing
that which has not been
Trust me my child
For this will be in the end
I stood in His strength
He held my shoulders
and turned me slowly
to look at what He wanted to show me
everything I had not expected
Better than what I desired it to be
Family is not created
It is given; effortlessly

No comments: