Tuesday, December 11, 2007

New Poem

I just wrote this, cause it is right where I am... right now!
I actually really like this one!

Its called- The fist

There is a silent battle
That rages in the night
Faces from the nightmares
Fade when faced with light
No fist could overthrow them
Victory is yet to come
In the midst of silent stillness
Are the whispered lies of one
The one whose goal is destruction
To ruin me in the end
His voice is smooth yet angry
Nothing like that of a friend
The taunting laughter rises
As he shows me what could be
The what ifs of my future
Everything that could happen to me
Gagged by mouth there’s silence
And closed eyes cannot see
Yet as laughter rises
Boldness rises in me
I was not created
To be battered and beaten down
I am not here to fight you
My mind is not your play ground
In his pride he steps forward
As I rise to my feet
In disbelief he looks around
“Are you messing with me?”
For the first time in forever
I open my mouth to him
“Maybe you’ve got this all wrong,” I say
“this fear is misdirected”
“If for one moment you knew me”
“You would recognize my name”
“and remember where you saw it written”
“on the palm of a risen king”
“For in fear I have sat night after night”
“Dreading my very past”
“Now I rise to my feet and stand here”
“I’m going to call out to my dad”
“It is not me you should fear, sir”
“it’s the fist with my name in his hand.”

No comments: