Wednesday, January 16, 2008

adopt a soldier

Ok, so, my roommate and I have adopted a soldier. We dont have a name or an address yet, but I am really excited. My ex-boyfriend was in the Army and deployed, and I did a pretty good job of sending him what he needed (or wanted mostly). Being so closely connected with so many soldiers myself I know the struggle they face mentally being in such a place. Esp. the soldiers on the front lines. So, if you have a few extra stamps a month I think you should all adopt a soldier and make it a family project... have the kids draw pictures and every other week just drop it in the mail. The best part are those flat rate boxes... whatever you can shove in them you can send for like 8 bucks! so once a month spend 15 bucks on a box and once a week drop a letter in the mail! it will make their day! and if you get a soldier who can write back that is even more amazing, because it become stotally educational! So, Char, Rose, and uhhh any of you Biola students who have a few bucks to spare (and dont pretend like you dont it's like 41 cents to mail something!)... go to www.soldiersangels.com and sign up to recieve your new ministry opportunity!!! ;)

1 comment:

Rose Starr said...

I like it a lot!
~Rose